[TYPO3-team-templavoila] Caching of xml2array during rendering

Niels Fröhling niels.froehling at adsignum.com
Sat May 30 13:59:39 CEST 2009

Steffen Kamper wrote:

> and look to my comment - i also start doing this (without any promise)

  Well, maybe this helps you:

http://www.zend.com//code/codex.php?ozid=982&single=1
http://gaarai.com/2009/01/12/convert-xml-to-associative-array-in-php/
http://gaarai.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/xmllibphp.zip

  It actually does the xml2array-code without stack-copy and the wrong solution
over xml_parse_into_struct, and directly registers node-handlers. I heard
simpleXML isn't cool with namespaces, so maybe you stay with the regular parser.
Another thing is that you maybe carry around the parser for some time instead of
instanciating him every time again.

  Another thing I encountered often was the Pear XML_Serializer:

http://pear.php.net/package/XML_Serializer/redirected
http://www.sitepoint.com/article/xml-php-pear-xml_serializer/1/

  It appears as easy as like "unxmlize()". :) If that would be true I doubt a
"unserialize()" could be any faster, but well you have to profile it anyway.

  Okay, this is now completely off-topic.

  Ciao
	Niels