[TYPO3-team-templavoila] Caching of xml2array during rendering

Daniel Pötzinger poetzinger at aoemedia.de
Fri May 29 10:43:35 CEST 2009

Dmitry Dulepov schrieb:
> Hi!
>
> Daniel Pötzinger wrote:
>> In TYPO3 4.3 it might be an idea to use the caching framework to general
>> cache xml2array like
>
> I do not think it is a good idea. If you use the field from the tx_templavoila_tmplobj, you make one database query. With external cache you generally make one more and possibly on a large table (slow).

It can act as a level 2 cache also in this case but i think caching only
xml2array is also a big improvement.

I dont expect so many diffrent inputparameters for xml2array (do you?) -
so that a seperate cachetable should not be so big. Also the select is
on the cachekey (indexed) and very fast.

Fabrizio did a patch to test it - in fe and be there was a boost of up
to *82!