[TYPO3-team-templavoila] Unit tests on test-database - any suggestions? (#11173 )

Tolleiv Nietsch info at tolleiv.de
Thu May 28 21:34:16 CEST 2009

Steffen Kamper schrieb:
> Hi,
>
> Daniel Pšötzinger schrieb:
>> Michael Klapper schrieb:
>>> Hi together,
>>>
>>> i really like to see the TV test using a test database (temporary
>>> instance). The reasons for that are quite simple. If i use such a
>>> test database i'm every time sure that i have no side effects between
>>> the test. Sometimes i fix a bug or a develop a new feature on a real
>>> (in development) project and i also would like to run the test but
>>> not that they leave data in the working database.
>>>
>> +1
>> We really should move the tests to use the testdatabase feature the
>> phpunit extension ships with.
>>

> ok, i don't want to block this. Just give me a hint how to configure
> testdatabase with phpunit.
>
> vg Steffen

Don't worry - I think it's important to have a open discussion on that.

Basically your database-user needs the right to run "create database"
and "drop database" and that's it ... maybe you could try the patch on
your dev-system and check if it's working there - and just let us know
if you run into problems.
I never had problems to use this feature on any of our (dev)servers -
most times it worked out-of-the-box...

Regards,
Tolleiv