[TYPO3-team-templavoila] Unit tests on test-database - any suggestions? (#11173 )

Tolleiv Nietsch info at tolleiv.de
Sun May 24 13:28:47 CEST 2009

Hi,
you might have seen that I fixed the problems with the Unit-Tests so
that they're all green again. The only remaining concern regarding the
existing unit tests is that it's still using the Live-Database.

I've already created a mantis issue
http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=11173 for that and attached a patch.
Since Steffen mentioned that he did not like the idea of using the
test-database I wanted to discuss this first before I commit it to SVN.

What I saw so far there's only a little speed-reduction because of the
DB-complexity. It takes around 2 seconds more if you run all tests.
Therefore in my opinion the benefits are stronger than the drawbacks and
I'd love to move forward with this.

Btw. the new version of the PHPUnit extension makes sure that
database-tests are only performed if there's really a test-database.

Regards,
Tolleiv