[TYPO3-team-templavoila] Caching of xml2array during rendering

Fabrizio Branca news at _REMOVETHIS_fabrizio-branca.de
Tue Jun 2 10:46:27 CEST 2009

> Is it with separate cache? Is it a single request or a loaded server?

Hi,

I profiled a simple single templavoila page with a few fces. The boost
of 82 is the total cumulative time of t3lib_div::xml2array as it is and
with cache.

While profiling there were 350 calls to xml2array, but only 27 different
  ones. I experimented with a database cache and a "static variable"
cache as "first level cache". This reduced the "total cumulative" time
of the method from 1723ms to 21ms with a filled cache and to 144ms with
an complety empty cache.

Have a look at the statistics here:

http://www.fabrizio-branca.de/fileadmin/statistics_xml2array.ods

Have a nice day,...