[TYPO3-team-templavoila] Templa-Firewall

Tolleiv Nietsch info at tolleiv.de
Sat Jul 11 20:23:31 CEST 2009

Hi,
sorry for the late response. I think the term "TemplaVoila" Firewall is
not 100% correct.

What Kian and Kasper called "firewall" in their Podcast is a new content
element wizard which is context sensitive and which enables to remove
certain FCEs within the "new content element" wizard based on the
context. So it's just a firewall to protect the user not to place a FCE
within the wrong context.

Currently we've reviewed the concept of our first version of the
extension and we're going to reimplement this extension in the next
months. Especially the fact that it is pretty hard to configure such a
service - especially for projects with more than 50 or 100 FCEs and tons
of "contexts" - was the reason why we never published the old version
and is also the reason why we start over.

Regarding your other ideas - I'd love to have the functionality you
described but that's nothing you could have without patching the Core
and since changes in the Flexform-Part of the TCEForms take ages to go
through the Core-List I doubt that something like this is available very
soon. (My displayCond-Patch for Flexforms is pending there for the last
months although 1 Core-Developer already "+1"ed it ...) - but it should
be enought to add a option to displayCond to handle access to fields.
Currently there's only <displayCond>HIDE_FOR_NON_ADMINS</displayCond>...
maybe something similar with Group-IDs would do what you're looking for
- writing this Patch shouldn't be that hard - configuring the fields
without GUI-support later on would be much harder ;).

But that's of course not part of our "firewall" since our biggest
problem was that the editors didn't find the right FCE because there
where too much of them. Btw just to make this clear the extension-key is
not "firewall" ;)

I hope that caused not too much confusion - and I hope Daniel and Mick
agree with it :P

Best regards,
Tolleiv

--