[TYPO3-team-templavoila] The limited concept of beLayout

Steffen Kamper info at sk-typo3.de
Sun Dec 27 13:35:17 CET 2009

Hi,

with http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=13103 and the analysis i found
the limitation of beLayout. The problem is:
The flag for beLayout is set to true as soon a beLayout is found in DS /
TO. But the layout only represents the first level. Having a FCE with a
container for CEs we have a substructure which doesn't match to the
fieldnames of the global beLayout.

So the problem is that the subelements doesn't have to be rendered with
the beLayout because of mismatching fields. but maybe you attach a
beLayout to the DS / TO of the FCE.

It's a real problem to do it right, and also complicate to communicate
to the user. Also you will have multiple template files (mayve 1 for
each TO).

I try to find a logic way to do it right, any comments are welcome.

vg Steffen