[TYPO3-team-templavoila] RFC: #4171: New Record Wizard confusing selection -> Hidding 'Default template'

Steffen Kamper info at sk-typo3.de
Wed Dec 23 02:11:06 CET 2009

Hi,

This is an SVN patch request.

Type: bugfix

Bugtracker references:
http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=4171

Branches:
trunk, 1_4

Problem:
If there is only one Template the New Page wizard shows you two Options,
the "Default template" and the real template "Template XY". From a
technical point of view it's obvious why it works like this, but for the
customer it's confusing. I got feedback from several customers and our
training guy, that this should be 'fixed'...

Solution:
Look for default TO, change first item to "No selection (inherit) and
display the inherit template at this position.
Don't render default template again.

Sidenote:
This patch also fix TCAdefaults which was never applied. Now all
TCAdefaults are correct set in tcemain.
Now there is also the possibility to disable the template selector by
using one of the following:

#default is "no selection"
TCAdefaults.pages.tx_templavoila_to = 0

#default is TO with uid 2