[TYPO3-team-templavoila] RFC: #4200: Shortcut page must show content when kb_tv_cont_slide in used

Tolleiv.Nietsch info at tolleiv.de
Fri Dec 11 00:17:16 CET 2009

Hi,

very important issue, for functionality and also for cleaner code :)

Am 07.12.2009 12:38, schrieb Steffen Kamper:

>> All together become something like:
>>
>> $docTypesToEdit = $this->modTSconfig['properties']['pageTypesToEdit'];
>> if ($docTypesToEdit && t3lib_div::inList($docTypesToEdit, $doktype)) {
>> // Make sure it is editable by page module
>> $doktype = self::DOKTYPE_ABCD;
>> }
>>
>> I also changed TS property name from doktypesRenderAsEdit to
>> pageTypesToEdit because previous was hard to remember for
>> non–programmers, who do not know what "doktype" is.
>>

> I also agree for better naming. But for typoscript users should know
> doktype as you may need the value eg for menus. I never understood this
> name: doctype is used for HTML, the "k" is a german thing, pageTypes are
> used in other context (typeNum) etc, so doktype is a very unlucky name.
>
> Maybe we find a better naming? pageRenderType?

I agree that "Integrators" should be familiar with "doktype" since
that's relevant in related contexts so I wouldn't vote against the first
choice, but  I also agree that the concerns might be right. As
alternative I'd propose "editingScreenTypes" or to be clear
"editingScreenPageTypes"... so now we got some good choices together :P

Cheers,
Tolleiv

--
Tolleiv Nietsch