[TYPO3-team-templavoila] Some small enhancement suggests

Tolleiv Nietsch info at tolleiv.de
Wed Dec 2 12:38:08 CET 2009

Hi,

Steffen Kamper schrieb:
> Hi,
>
> some things that i would like to get enhanced, please comment
>
> 1) sysfolders can have a template but never hace page module. But i use
> sysfolders often as container for content elements. So i would like to
> have pagemodule enabled if they have a template.

yes I agree - I think it would be nice if we had some kind of TSConfig
setting were the pagemodule could be enabled or disabled for certain
pagetypes.

Has already been reported some time ago:
http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=4200

> 2) mapping - there is no return to the overview. You have to click on TV
> module link all the time

Sounds good.

> 3) mapping - when creating new fields you have to cancel to get the
> input for creating new fields. Should be there all the time

This worked different some time ago - I agree that this is not optimal
at the moment.

In addition we should discuss the proper alignment of these buttons (
http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=10749 )

> 4) mapping - when in edit mode you often forget which one exactly you
> edit. I wish information about the element i edit and an option "save"
> and "save and exit"

Yep this one would be a very big improvement - especially in large
installations where picking up the wrong DS/TO can cause serious problems.

I'd like to add this "feature": http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=9499
Within the mapping-module the current settings are stored within the
session - if you open up another mapping in a different window the
session is filled with this data and you can't continue the first one -
very disturbing.

Cheers,
Tolleiv