[TYPO3-hci] TYPO3 Backend and Accessibility

Paul Blondiaux paul.blondiaux at me.com
Mon Jan 31 11:04:38 CET 2011

Le 28/01/2011 16:47, Steffen Kamper a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> Am 28.01.2011 11:20, schrieb "Christian Müller (Kitsunet)":
>> On 28.01.2011 10:30, Steffen Kamper wrote:
>>> Hi,

>>> ExtJS (or Javascript) and accessibility doesn't exclude eachother. It's
>>> no problem to make an ExtJS application accessible. You only have to put
>>> some energy into.
>>>
>>> vg Steffen
>>
>> Agree, but ExtJS sometimes creates very ugly html which hardly can
>> qualify as accessible, but that should get better with ExtJS 4. Anyway
>> of course you can take the time to change the rendering of everything. I
>> will bring the idea to the v5 team to see at what point we can work on
>> that.
>>

> i thought the same, but accessibility has defined rules, and complex
> nested html doesn't violate those rules.
> I remember well when i had to prepare TYPO3 sites for accessibility
> tests, and mostly it was about menus and links and semantic structure of
> headers etc.
>
> vg Steffen

Thank you all for these detailed and numerous exchanges. I'll start
dealing with the 4.5 backend ATAG accessibility, just to see what
would/may/might be the workload to reach at least a first milestone...
that will be a try for giving us figures and a answer start...

@ Stefen : the list isn't dead at all :)