[TYPO3-hci] typo3/browse_links.php: popup for setting links: move additional info to top (like is done in RTE)

Franz Ripfel typo3 at abezet.de
Wed Jun 2 10:59:12 CEST 2010

Hi list,

when setting a link within the RTE, the popup shows the additional info
for a regular page link like title, target, css-class above the page tree.
Therefore you can set these options if needed and then click a page in the
pagetree and the popup will close.
Thats fine.

In the regular TYPO3 link-popup (like when setting a link for the header
of content elements) these fields are below the page tree.
Most editors do not even realize these options.

We would suggest to move the fields to the top also here and will provide
a patch for typo3/browse_links.php if others do agree with our suggestion.
It would be quite easy to solve :)

Do you think we need to make the position of the fields configurable?
I think rather not because i see no reason to place them at the bottom of
the popup-window.

What do you think?

Greets
Franz