[TYPO3-hci] BE on large installations

Martin Riesing martin.riesing at univie.ac.at
Mon May 11 11:13:20 CEST 2009

Ingo Renner schrieb:
> Steffen Ritter wrote:
>

>> - core lacks possibility to deactivate the current search module
>>

> the search is not intended to be disabled as it's a vital tool on large
> installations!
>

> Ingo

Dear HCI guys,
I am on this for quite a while, just reading. Now I want to add
something to a discussion "on large installations" (follwing the last
contribution by Ingo.

I want to discuss the "Backend User Administration". On large installations with >1000 BE Users this modul "tool" fails and is really weak, slow.
To overcome the 1000 BE user limit I have found just this info on http://doc-typo3.ameos.com/3.7.0/typo3_2ext_2beuser_2mod_2index_8php-source.html

01188                         $numberAtTime=1000;
01189                         $tooManyUsers='';

,this code. Since it is from 3.7 it might be outdated. Any solution to display all users?
Another problem is the down at the bottom search function in the WEB modul of the root. It should be on top instead. Anybody also interested in administrating very large TYPO3 installations?

kind regards from Vienna,

Martin

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Martin Riesing BSc

CMS - TYPO3 Team ZID

Helpdesk des Zentralen Informatikdienstes
www.univie.ac.at/140/typo3/

Universität Wien (NIG, Stiege II, 1. Stock)
Universitätsstraße 7, 1010 Wien, Österreich
T: +43-1-4277-140 60,    F: +43-1-4277-9146
cms.zid at univie.ac.at, Mo - Fr: 9 - 18 Uhr