[TYPO3-hci] RFC: "Floppy" Icons

Franz Koch typo.removeformessage at fx-graefix.de
Mon Jan 19 11:11:29 CET 2009

Hi,

> In the tceForms dialog, for editing records, there are three icons on
> top for
> * Save
> * Save and Close
> * Save and View
>
> Those icons contain the symbol of a 3.5" Floppy disc. As we already tend to
> reach the second century of the new yearthousand - 2010 - and almost
> none of us used Floppy discs during a whole century - it is questionable if not
> some other symbol should get used.

if it would be changed, I'd suggest not to use any storage media as icon
but some icon with general meaning. You neither store things in typo3 to
a USB-stick nor a lokal HDD or anything else. It should be a icon
without any technical background. Maybe something reflecting "archive"
or "remember".

But until a worldwide acceptable new icon is found I'd say we should
stay with the floppy disc (at least it's not a 5.25")

--
kind regards,
Franz Koch