[TYPO3-hci] Roles2 extension...

Stig Nørgaard Færch snf at dkm.dk
Fri Aug 21 19:17:48 CEST 2009

Patrick Gaumond skrev:
> Stig Nørgaard Færch wrote:
>> Philipp Gampe skrev:
>
>>> so what I understand from watching the video: it is just based on BE
>>> groups, so the user really chooses to use a specific be group ?
>>
>> Yes - that would be the short and precise description.
>
> Suggestion for the Roles2 manual:
>
> ---
> What does it do?
> This extension makes it possible to mark BE Groups as roles. Roles can
> be bound to responsibilities or activities such as "News editor" or HR
> editor". Hereafter BE Users can, through a new menu item at the left of
> Search(magnify icon), select which Role they need to accomplish something.
>
> As a positive side effect, BE Users will only have access to things
> which are allowed in the currently activated BE Groups (or Roles). So
> while editing news, they will not see the whole Pagetree (if the Role is
> set to do so).
>
> Technically BE User changes groups on-the-fly the same way TYPO3 Admins
> can do a Switch-user in Admin Tools-> User Admin.
>
> Conscious planning with Roles2 can really makes your Editors' life
> easier by hiding and showing elements related to single tasks.
>
> Roles2 is a rewrite of my original Roles extension. Roles2 has been
> tested under TYPO3 4.2 and 4.3.
>
> ---

Thanks - well written :-)
I will put it in the next release.

> Correct the "Technically" part if not true! :)

Sounds fine - you could put it that way.

> With few examples in the Tutorial section this can become as popular as
> tt_news I think.

Wow - really think so? Maybe... :-)
I think that it depends from site to site if this is needed or not.
Though you could always find a use for it, some might think it's not
that important. The more complex a site is, the more you gain from it -
I think.

/Stig