[TYPO3-hci] Roles2 extension...

Patrick Gaumond gaumondpatrick-s-p-a-m at hotmail-sp-a-m.com
Fri Aug 21 15:52:24 CEST 2009

Stig Nørgaard Færch wrote:
> Philipp Gampe skrev:

>> so what I understand from watching the video: it is just based on BE
>> groups, so the user really chooses to use a specific be group ?
>
> Yes - that would be the short and precise description.

Suggestion for the Roles2 manual:

---
What does it do?
This extension makes it possible to mark BE Groups as roles. Roles can
be bound to responsibilities or activities such as "News editor" or HR
editor". Hereafter BE Users can, through a new menu item at the left of
Search(magnify icon), select which Role they need to accomplish something.

As a positive side effect, BE Users will only have access to things
which are allowed in the currently activated BE Groups (or Roles). So
while editing news, they will not see the whole Pagetree (if the Role is
set to do so).

Technically BE User changes groups on-the-fly the same way TYPO3 Admins
can do a Switch-user in Admin Tools-> User Admin.

Conscious planning with Roles2 can really makes your Editors' life
easier by hiding and showing elements related to single tasks.

Roles2 is a rewrite of my original Roles extension. Roles2 has been
tested under TYPO3 4.2 and 4.3.

---

Correct the "Technically" part if not true! :)

With few examples in the Tutorial section this can become as popular as
tt_news I think.

Patrick