[TYPO3-hci] icons of t3skin look bad with dark background

Ingo Renner ingo at typo3.org
Wed Aug 19 12:29:34 CEST 2009

Georg Ringer wrote:

Hi Georg,

> i am doing some rework at DAM and I found out that at least some icons
> look bad on a dark background because of some white pixels around. Take
> a look at attached screenshot
>
> I wonder if this couldn't get fixed?

please see RFC #11684 which introduces flash messages to the core. If we
get this in, we can use the icons it introduces from the silk icon
family. Those are PNGs with alpha transparancy. This is the way to go
anyways, even for our little friend IE6.

As already mentioned in the thread there's a script in the core (since
4.2 already) which is loaded with IE6 to fix transparent PNGs so that
this is not an issue anymore.

Using the provided icons would solve your issue.

Other than that I think your request would also have to go through the
forge HCI project.

all the best
Ingo

--