[TYPO3-hci] Extended page/record lookup "window"

Steffen Gebert steffen at steffen-gebert.de
Mon Apr 13 16:42:28 CEST 2009

Steffen Gebert wrote:
> * I really like the new way to display the parent record. Unfortunately
> the window is too small. Could it be a bit wider? The text should also be
> a link to the parent page. Also IMHO it's a convention in TYPO3 that the
> page symbols have a click menu.
>
> * Furthermore the magnifier and pencil shouldn't be wrapped.
>
> To support your work a bit, I'll try to overwork some of the mentioned
> points right now and send the patches.

Attached a patch which changes:

* increase width of whole window from 340 to 380px
* set white-space: nowrap for show/edit-icons to display them in one row
* use t3lib_div::fixed_lgd_cs() to crop record title in search results
* add <span title="full title of the record">
* add crop title of parent record and add title, too
* replace empty $this->spaceIcon by clear.gif to show space if "show record"
is n/a.

I tried opera, which has trouble: not only the current page of the results
is displayed, but all are shown in one column :-[

How can the parent title be linked? Would be nice if somebody could give me
a hint, how to show list view for page X.

Steffen

P.S: Is the search also THE killer application for your firefox? Mine hangs
very often with very high memory consumption (all available 6GB RAM).