[TYPO3-hci] Extended page/record lookup "window"

Steffen Ritter info at rs-websystems.de
Fri Apr 3 17:29:46 CEST 2009

Hi Ingo

>> Which "Functions" of the control-panel should be listet in search,
>
> none, only the title and maybe the pid. Clicking the title should simply
> open the record for editing.

Well, In discussions with others I already got that some of this Icons
(basics) shoudl be available for a better working perfomance.
My personal opinion is, that wie should have some of them:
Currently I'm implementing Edit, Info, Hide, Delete

Im fine with TS Options for this, defaulting to deactivated... The
overall possibility might help... But I'm open for discussion... Let's
see what others think about it...

> do not use ExtJs for that simple Ajax call
Well, since ExtJS is integrated in Backend to use predefined Objects
this is the easiest and fastest way to do such things. For sure, we
might start with "less", but using the ExtJS Combobox provides some
advanced features (like "pagebrowser" if you have more than x results).

But since there is some feature Request from Benjamin Mack which seems
not to be fullfillable by the ExtJS ComboBox, im currently overthinking
the usage already... There are good arguments for and against the usage...

thanks for having a look onto it...

kind regards

Steffen