[TYPO3-hci] sysaction issue as discussed in core

Jens Hoffmann jens at typo3.org
Wed Oct 29 01:25:20 CET 2008

Hy,

I like what I see so far. :)

I said, as I came up with top menu thing, with some rules for it.
But they seem to be dropped in the first run, before any final 4.2
release came up. But I still have the hope for 4.3 ... but ..

	- No empty functions, if so > hide them - for eg: Shortcuts
	- No functions without sub-menus
		- Users should work different (see attachment)
		- Workspaces should work different (see attachment)
		- Search should work different (see attachment)
	- Configurable via user-settings
		- Direct search at top (see attachment)
		- Workspaces (like Kasper done it - see attachment)
		- Minimal version without test (see attachment)
		- Clipboard at top (see attachment)
	- Add contrast with shadows behind those sub-menus
	- Rollover color for icons
	- Good groups for all functions (see attachment)
		- NOT like right now! >> eg. Favorites - Sadly useless.
	- SCALABILITY! Sure, I like this concept to be reused!
		- All "Overall function should go in there!"
		- For the clipboard
		- For the "sys_actions"
		- For some user options (like in Opera the Quick-Options)
		- For development (the sweet bomb)
		- For an Ajax Chat/News system like at Facebook
			- http://mindoh.files.wordpress.com/2008/05/fb-chat-screenshot.jpg
			- http://cybernetnews.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/04/facebook-chat-2.jpg
			- http://mashable.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/04/facebook_chat.png
		- ... this could work well for a lot stuff :) don't fear it.

The Problem is the bad visual permutation ..
(see the original suggestion attached)
	- no shadow
	- no graduation
	- no sexy outlines
	- no logical colored groups
	- ...

.. and the general visual noise, TYPO3 is making.
	- Side Menu
	- Contrast less pagetree style
	- Icon overloaded List-Module
	- Wrong placed Inline-Options
	- Color overload and bad contrast
	- Inconsitent Icons
	- ... you know all this :) ...

Instead of discussing the shit, move it to the next LEVEL!
	- Let's re-implement what Kasper already did!
	- Finish the group solution to something useful!
	- Make it sexy!
	- Give the user options!
	- HHHEEELLLPPP !!! :)
Something I just found: Talking doesn't cook rice!

@Dimitry:
	- There can't be too much Icons. Maybe 10 this could still work.
	- Look at the OsX screen shot attached (I don't feel lost on my mac at this point)

@Steffen:
	- Yes I can create a Icon. :)
	- Can you give me more details?

And BTW: HCI is not DEAD !!! I simple had/have a lot to do ...
	- My T3CON Usability (HCI) Presentation >> http://twurl.nl/qa8nlo
	- TYPO3.org Relaunch >> http://typo3.org/teams/typo3org/
	- T3CON08-DVD Design
	- Some HCI Non-public work (eg. List Module 2)
	- ...
	- and I still have a real job, like you - I hope :)

I just didn't found the time to do this boring PING and PR thing/work
to make the leeching cloud happy. I know I'm not good in this,
but I do the "real" work. Promise! ;) But I will try to make it more visual.

It's really sad ... to see how fast some people give "us" up.
But this gave me a good impression, how some buddy really are
and what they really think. Without asking ONCE, the just start
basing. Sad, but true! ... Maybe, it was just a bad day ...

Greez Jens

Jens Hoffmann
[TYPO3 - HCI Team Leader]
[DKD - Creative Director]