[TYPO3-hci] Better differentiated icons for read-only filemounts and folders in t3skin

Uschi Renziehausen typo3news at otherone.de
Mon Oct 27 12:18:26 CET 2008

Hi Ingo,

Ingo Renner wrote:

>> I strongly disagree with the lock, because it means interdiction and
>> the  read only filemounts are not interdicted for reading.
>
> I disagree to you disagreement ;)
> If something were read protected you wouldn't even see it listed...
> therefore it can only mean write protected

Well, I am afraid that I disagree to your disagreement to my agreement :-)

Reason: might be that the lock is used for that purpose here and there
in the rest of the world. But that does not solve the other problem, the
one with the overlay icons. We do not only have readonly filemounts but
also readonly page mounts, and if a page is hidden, readonly, and
perhaps something else the icon itself gets hidden behind the overlays
already.

I would prefer if we could find a principle that works for pages and files.

BTW: From an aesthetic point of view i like the lock thingy.

Uschi