[TYPO3-hci] Confusing: search icon in backend toolbar looks like preview icon

Steffen Kamper info at sk-typo3.de
Fri Nov 7 20:33:23 CET 2008

redacted user schrieb:

> Hello Niels and *,
> You beat me, I just wanted to write about this topic on this list. I
> know this issue seems to look a little ridiculous to write about but I
> know this is a serious issue because ALL of our editors are moaning
> about this when they first work with the BE of 4.2. With 'all' i mean
> about 15 Editors across severeal companies (all female).
> I would also like to mention that the new 'cone-search' above the
> pagetree for hightlighting pages is very misleading in a way that users
> are thinking that the field is for searching (as it was in earlier
> versions of t3 in the bottom area).
>
> So to sum the search issues up (this is feedback from our daily USERS):
>
> * the top left icon is understood for previewing pages
> * the field above the tree is understood for searching
> * another issue is always popping up: why is it not possible to search
> for files?
> * and another one: why is the search for records hidden at the bottom of
> the listmodule?
>

> Looking fwd to an interesting discussion.
> Regards, Boris (Typoheads)

in oral discussions i sugessted havin a real search page like in FE. So
simple search is done with the search field in toolbar, but it would be
cool to have a link beside/beyond search field for advanced search.

Then a page could be  opened with a big search form and all the options
for search, and sure, search for files should be a point too.

Also i dislike the behaviour at the moment: you enter 100 and you are
redirected to page module, page with id 100.

I would like to have a result page grouped by record types (page,
tt_content, news and other plugins)

BTW - there is also kind of this in Tools->DB check (The name sounds
like only checking DB, but behind it's a real power tool, but admin only)

This of coarse are my wishes and i think this could be a goal for 4.4.

And i agree to change the magnifier to binocular icon. Jens suggested
that long time before, and it's also used by rtehtmlarea.

vg Steffen