[TYPO3-hci] Confusing: search icon in backend toolbar looks like preview icon

redacted user redacted-user at example.org
Fri Nov 7 16:54:35 CET 2008

Hello Niels and *,
You beat me, I just wanted to write about this topic on this list. I
know this issue seems to look a little ridiculous to write about but I
know this is a serious issue because ALL of our editors are moaning
about this when they first work with the BE of 4.2. With 'all' i mean
about 15 Editors across severeal companies (all female).
I would also like to mention that the new 'cone-search' above the
pagetree for hightlighting pages is very misleading in a way that users
are thinking that the field is for searching (as it was in earlier
versions of t3 in the bottom area).

So to sum the search issues up (this is feedback from our daily USERS):

* the top left icon is understood for previewing pages
* the field above the tree is understood for searching
* another issue is always popping up: why is it not possible to search
for files?
* and another one: why is the search for records hidden at the bottom of
the listmodule?

Looking fwd to an interesting discussion.
Regards, Boris (Typoheads)