[TYPO3-hci] Visual feedback on clicks

Benjamin Mack benni at typo3.org
Thu Jun 26 12:51:10 CEST 2008

Hey guys,

I noticed the slowness as well. I think one factor is templating of the
Backend. I know that I introduced this, but the problem is that every
time you click on a page in the BE, the template needs to be loaded,
markers replaced because there is no BE cache. One more reason for my
why I am rooting for Smarty in the BE, as it has a template cache built
in. Would be really helpful.

But seems like nobody would take the initiative to try out smarty (e.g.
integrating the smarty extension as a sysext) for the BE and then have
real speed tests and comparisons :) Wouldn't that be awesome?

greetings,
benni.
-SDG-