[TYPO3-hci] Shortcut => Bookmark

Franz Koch typo.removeformessage at fx-graefix.de
Thu Jan 31 11:46:22 CET 2008

Hi,
>> "Quick Link"
>
> +1 from me for that one
>
> It's somehow simular to "shortcuts" right of the windows-start-button.

We're not only having users coming from windows - and even a lot of
windows users don't even know that feature (it's even deactivated by
default on some setups). And be honest - how many good usability
concepts has M$ ever made?

> Perhaps "Quick Menu" (or "Quick Menu Entry") would also fit.

Hmm, how fast/quick can a menu get, 10px per second? (just kidding)

But honestly, what does the term "Quick menu" or "Quick link" tell a
editor. What is a "quick link". When I try to translate these terms into
german, they don't really make sense in terms of usability and easy
understanding, because they are missing a important descriptive phrase.

If you want to have something with "quick" - then I would suggest "quick
access" or with more correct wording "rapid/fast access". In german that
would be "Schnellzugriff/Direktzugriff", which is much easier to
understand. That would be something I could give a +1.

Just some ideas.

--
Greetings,
Franz