[TYPO3-hci] typo3 branding in error messages

redacted user redacted-user at example.org
Sun Jan 13 11:35:24 CET 2008

Hello Team,

I don't know if this is the right place for the discussion of
typo3-related branding stuff, please correct me if i'm wrong.

I reported a feature request in the bugtracker [1] of typo3.org
regarding the fact that typo3 throws typo3-branded error messages in
frontend, regardless of typo3 is the reason for the error or not. e.g.
if no database connection was established. this behaviour, if appearing
on a live-site, can result in many pageviews of visitors, even google
can index this page. i don't loike the visual connection between the
error and typo3.
i know, every sysadmin is responsible that this scenario never happens
etc blabla, BUT i saw it here and there in the last years occuring on
this and that website.

so, could anybody here on the list can decide on this topic what to do?

Regard
Boris

[1] http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=7107