[TYPO3-hci] 4 points in classic BE

Tapio Markula tapio.markula at xetpoint.fi
Wed Feb 6 09:27:31 CET 2008

Patrick Gaumond kirjoitti:
> Quick ideas from a recent conversation with a friend:
>
> Watch the enclosed gif.
>
> 1- Too many options.
> Can we remove at least the big button per default ?
>
> 2- "Default Text", "Default Filelinks"
> Can someone tell me why we need to first write "default" ? Do we help
> someone by pointing that these are default tt_content type ?
>
> 3- Index: Yes
> Again. Do your users care?
> Exception would be the hack with sitemap/internal intrapge links where
> you have "Section index (pagecontent w/Index checked)" and need to know
> why few content element don't show up.

> What's the difference ?
> Hide it per default and let people use the new menu instead?
> We don't have "This page, 1-2-3 level down" option with the new menu.
>
> Whatdoyouthink ?

Agreed. I made all of them configurable in tm_contentacess (all of them
can be taken off usage per user/user group basis).

I put before default - language: default - that refers to language.
But as such 'default' is confusing and for many users misleading - what
default? (many users interpret it as default content type).