[TYPO3-hci] New Icon API Changes For 4.3

Denyer denyer at denyerec.co.uk
Mon Apr 28 01:04:51 CEST 2008

On Wed, 16 Apr 2008 18:12:31 +0100, Dmitry Dulepov [typo3]
<dmitry at typo3.org> wrote:

> If we require MSIE 7.0 for BE (which should be fine for 4.3), we can use
> 24-bit PNGs with transparency.

Ouch. Many big corps have pretty strict internal IT policies and legacy
intranets that leave them stuck in IE6 territory. I know one guy at a
large government institution in the UK where the IR network is still on
IE5.5 on Windows 2k thanks to their intranet...

An IE7 requirement would require (no pun intentded!) some serious thought.
Miscalculating could be very damaging to Typo3's uptake.

(I'd love to see IEx.x banned outright to be honest, but since when has
life ever been easy? :))

---
http://www.sozu.co.uk
http://gallery.denyerec.co.uk