[TYPO3-hci] More Ideas Out-of-the-box

Benjamin Mack benni at typo3.org
Wed Apr 16 18:17:45 CEST 2008

Hey,

again, I use this list as a scratchpad for my ideas.

As some of you might know, I hope 4.3 comes with a cool workflow etc.
thing so we can have a nice Welcome page (dashboard-like) etc.

Another thing would be to have "real" wizards, a extensible plattform
where extensions could create their own XYZ. This could also fit in the
workflow concept.

A few example wizards:

   * Create multiple subpages at once (see existing Function).
     - Step 1: Page tree => select the parent page
     - Step 2: Add titles
     - Step 3: Create the pages
   * Create a new news (configured to use Cat A and Sysfolder B)
     - Step 1: Write the news
     - Step 2: Upload some picture to it
     - Step 3: Preview of the result
     - Step 4: Save and clear cache
   * Create a newsletter (we already have a wizard in direct-mail)
     - 1: Select source
     - 2: Select options / categories
     - 3: Test email
     - 4: Mark for mass sending

Through that, it get's way easier for editors to use the Backend. So,
ideally we could remove the "Functions" (I use very rarely, mostly at
the beginning of a new project) module then after we ported the existing
functions to the new "Wizards" thing.

--
greetings,
benni.