[TYPO3-hci] New Icon API Changes For 4.3

Benjamin Mack benni at typo3.org
Wed Apr 16 17:16:23 CEST 2008

Hey all,

since this topic came up in the core list, I will finally put it here.
This thread should be a list of first ideas, so please feel free to
write down everything you like and you do not like right now with the
skinning API.

I will then add everything to a Wiki page and maybe do a small
presentation of my thoughts on the T3DD08. The HCI people will then meet
to decide how we can solve the problems we have right now.

So this is my start:

- No consistency in file names
- No consistency in file extensions (PNG, GIF)
- Icon Sizes are hard coded
- We have icons in extensions (even sysext), do the ext managers need to
care about the different skins or do the different skins need to provide
icons for all extensions out there they want to support?
- BE templates should be more flexible and used in a wider sense
- Little documentation about skinning
- Little documentation for skin developers (e.g. CSS classnames are
spread all over the place)
- Little functionality for reusing basics in template.php for ext developers

--
greetings,
benni.