[TYPO3-hci] Make Sysfolder appears as Web Module

Krystian Szymukowicz t33kRE.MO.VE. at RE.MO.VE.prolabium.com
Mon Apr 7 17:09:57 CEST 2008

Rupert Germann wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> without knowing about this discussion I already added a BackEnd module to
> the latest tt_news dev version which is a bit different to Krystians
> proposal.
>
> Have a look:
> http://rgdata.de/fileadmin/user_upload/news_admin1.png
>
> I placed the category tree and the news list on the same page, allowing the
> user to filter the list by selecting categories from the tree.
>
> the current dev version of tt_news can be downloaded here:
> http://rgdata.de/fileadmin/user_upload/T3X_tt_news-2_6_0-z-200804061826.t3x
> (the version from typo3xdev.sourceforge.net is currently not up to date)
>
> The tt_news BE module appears only in TYPO3 4.2
>
> I'm curious to hear your opinions.

hi

The "categories tree" way of viewing tt_news records seems to be very
interesting but only for specific searches (based on category of course).

So my personal opinion is still the same: for simple add/edit,
"sys_action" way is still the easiest way for average editor :)

I can not tell however that "sys_action" has no drawbacks.
Most of them are LIST View drawback. Few to mention:
1) no ability to remove unneeded buttons
2) too short title in extended view
3) would be nice to have ability to move "search" at the top of the LIST
4) would be nice to have 3 latest edited news (at the top of the LIST)

And there is also one annoying feature of sys_action (or taskcenter?).
You need to unfold actions (need to click to make the actions appears).

--
grtz
Krystian