[TYPO3-hci] Main BE menu and top-right dropdownbox

Denyer denyer at denyerec.co.uk
Sun Apr 6 16:13:58 CEST 2008

Hey chaps,

I isntalled RC1 of 4.2 this weekend and had a quick play. So far I like
what I see, but there are a few minor and IMO one major issue I've come
across so far. Hopefully, too, they shouldn't be too major to correct.

First (minor):
The menu now has a slightly warm-grey background colour, but all the
editing and main pages still have the old-fashioned "cold" grey of Typo
4.1. Can someone check this out and unify the shade of grey used across
the interface? It's bad artistic direction to shift pallette like that.
The entire UI should either be based in the warm or the cool side, not
mixing the two.

Second (major):
The dropdown box that appears  in the top right to allow the user to
select submodules is still here. And it's still a terrible UI idea. on my
widescreen monitor it is very very far away from the point-of-context, and
it has no label or any indication of it's purpose.
A much better approach, now the main menu is a semantic UL list, would be
to do the following:

+ Page
- Template
   - Info/Modify
   - Constants
   - Template Analyzer
+ Etc
+ Etc

We have a nestable menu on the left side now, we must use it!! That way
any submodules of the active module will be displayed in the main menu,
the logical place to put them.

I apologise if this has already been raised and is being addressed, but it
bugged me so badly today I just had to post on it.

Kind regards,
Denyerec
--
---