[TYPO3-hci] HCI team revived

Franz Koch typo.removeformessage at fx-graefix.de
Wed Oct 31 17:44:11 CET 2007

Hi,

thanks for this information Michael - I wasn't aware of the fact, that
the HCI had been shut down. I think HCI is a major part of software
development. The technical level and the features of a software can be
as good as they ever could be - but if the user interface is crap, a
software will never be accepted very well. I lately noticed this myself
again, when we started implementing a new software in our business -
features are great - but the interface is crap, so I barely use it. So
I'm very glad that the HCI-team will be reanimated. Support from the
association would also be good in my eyes.

I like TYPO3 from a technical level (at least most of the time ;-)) but
also hate it for the really strange interface in some points.
So I'd like to contribute in here, but my experience shows that I mostly
can't bring up enough time to contribute bigger parts, as my
contributions in ECT and related extensions show. But I hope that I can
give some valuable comments, ideas and hopefully some concepts.

One thing I really like to be changed is the rendering of TCE-forms.
They try to be structured, but the interface is so scattered because of
the various diving field descriptions. It'll be much better if they
would appear in one row. Using labeled fieldsets would also improve
readability of the interface. It'll be also good if the main fields
could be rendered multicolumn, not only the palettes - but that might be
a hard task to do. But discussing this is a different topic.

--
Greetings,
Franz