[TYPO3-hci] suggestion for be forms: inline secondary options

Martin Ficzel martin.ficzel at gmx.de
Fri May 18 18:15:57 CEST 2007

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] schrieb:
> Martin Ficzel wrote: on 18.05.2007 15:12:
> Tested v2 in IE and Trunk-Version (future 4.2) and also works. Also
> enabling and disabling t3skin seems to work. So this is a very easy
> thing that we could integrate into the Core for 4.2. Do you have the
> time to make a patch to the core file for that, Martin?

nice that you find it usefull. i will try to provide a patch for the
core but beforehand i will wait for more test results.

> What is the usability difference between v1 and v2? Why do we need two
> variants (haven't tested v1)?

the usability is the same but i used two different places to put the
toggled style into.

the v1 variant is defining a new template for the palette field with id
and style attributes. it is toggeling the visibiliti of the table row
(table-row/none) and so it does hide the complete table-row. the problem
is that i do'nt know weather all browsers do support the
display:table-row proeprly (ff and safari do).

the v2 variant is using an extra div around the palette and is
toggelimng display=none/block. really simple but it does'nt hide the
whole surrounding table-row. instead of that it is hiding the content of
the table row.

i personally perfer solution 1(v1) because it saves some screen space if
the palette is closed but tests with other browsers are still needed.

> What I would love is to see some ajax-interaction with the server like I
> layouted in my previous post. Storing the current state of every pallete
> for every user so that a once open palette stays open for this user...
> What do you think?

well that will add a some complexity. i personally perfer the same
interface for all users but it might be interesting to allow more
ui-customizing for the users. in think about complete reordering of
fields and palettes.

but that will need some conceptual work beforehand.

regards Martin