[TYPO3-hci] suggestion for be forms: inline secondary options

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] ernst at cron-it.de
Fri May 18 15:31:17 CEST 2007

Martin Ficzel wrote: on 18.05.2007 15:12:

> i just finished the proof of concept and it works like a charm. i
> created two versions (see below).
>
> please test it and tell me if it works for you, martin
>
> already tested:
> - firefox
> - safari
> - typo3 4.1
>
> still needed tests:
> - exolorer
> - together with irre
> - other typo3 versions than 4.1

Tested v2 in IE and Trunk-Version (future 4.2) and also works. Also
enabling and disabling t3skin seems to work. So this is a very easy
thing that we could integrate into the Core for 4.2. Do you have the
time to make a patch to the core file for that, Martin?

What is the usability difference between v1 and v2? Why do we need two
variants (haven't tested v1)?

What I would love is to see some ajax-interaction with the server like I
layouted in my previous post. Storing the current state of every pallete
for every user so that a once open palette stays open for this user...
What do you think?

Cheers,
Ernesto