[TYPO3-hci] 4.2 close record button

Steffen Kamper steffen at sk-typo3.de
Sun Dec 16 20:01:04 CET 2007

"Patrick Rodacker" <patrick.rodacker at the-reflection.de> schrieb im
Newsbeitrag
news:mailman.1.1197827991.2135.typo3-team-hci at lists.netfielders.de...
> Hi Jens,
>
> first of all. Congratulations about the job as head of HCI within TYPO3.
> I read your presentation about improving the interface and related
> processes and think you have done some really good work.
>
> Jens Hoffmann wrote on 16.12.2007 16:48:
>
>> We have a new, good general interface structure,
>> please keep this in mined if you create new ideas.
>>
>> This means:
>> 1. No Tabs in the Content Screen!
>>    In the new TopMenu is space for this in bit different way.
>> 2. No need for the lower Icons. Just Redundancy.
>>    And don't tell me it rocks :)
>
> is there a guideline available where the rules could be taken from? I
> searched this list and the wiki and couldn't find any direct hints about
> a guide for 4.2 / 4.x. The wiki mentions only 4.5 and a team page at
> typo3.org is still missing.

this is still missing, but i think it will be done on a Wikipage. One point
of HCI is to get a better usability, and for that the interface has to be
more intuitive, and also have less icons than now.
e.g. Tabs in content means encapsulation, the whole thing gets more
complicate and loose usability.
Having Tabs in Forms is a part of reorganisation and hides unnecessary
information and brings more usability.

So main rule is usability, and thinking of it many things comes naturally.
And if we discuss in this list with results and proposals we help a lot to
get a better user interface ;-)

vg  Steffen