[TYPO3-hci] 4.2 close record button

Andreas Balzer typo3 at andreas-balzer.de
Sat Dec 15 15:27:24 CET 2007

Patrick Rodacker schrieb:

> I am totally with you. Especially on a screen using a high resolution
> the way is _very_ long and to be honest, I think the new positioning is
> a step back in usability.
right. These buttons should stay where they were but should be grouped.
Shortcuts are not so good I think, because many combinations like STRG+X
(cut), STRG+S (save) are already in use by the browser around TYPO3.
Additionally I think the drop down menu doesn't make any sense at all
(it just holds all the button functions..) Maybe a better way would be
to show tabs where every tab represents a page or element opened in the
background. A right click or a central X button could close them all and
if a file has been edited but is still opened a popup could ask the user
to save..

Andreas