[TYPO3-hci] Hello everyone!

Sudara Williams sudara at web-crossing.com
Thu Apr 5 14:03:41 CEST 2007

>> In the latter case, working for a MVC-centric 5.0 would mean that the
>> HCI team would be responsible for the View code?
> What do you understand as "View Code"? Well.. We have to create a new
> skinning API if you mean that.. But I don't know how it should work in
> general.. Someone has to get in contact with the T3 5.0 team.

I'd love to be involved in that process.

By View code, i mean that if indeed 5.0 development will be based on
a Model-View-Controller design, then the View portion of that, which
I'm guessing would be HTML with some implementation of a templating
system.

Right now, the BE does not separate data from presentation. When want
to change presentation in 4.x, it's next to impossible without
editing a slew of php files. Unless a HCI member gains commit rights
and steady communication with CORE, significantly tuning 4.x is a
pipe dream. Hopefully, we can build 5.0 to be much more flexible.

sudara