[TYPO3-hci] New Web Module based on Dojo Toolkit

Mon Sep 18 16:33:13 CEST 2006

Dmitry Dulepov wrote:
> I do not see it a big problem for BE. Of course, it is nice nice to make
> fallbacks, etc but I afraid we need certain functionality much more then
> caring about switched off JS.
>
> I know your point. It is fully valid in many case but not for BE I
> think. BE is for certain persons and has certain requirements from

If the target is HCI it must be valid. Else the target is not reached.
The basis functionality must work with lynx or JS off or Screenreader,
or however you like to test it.

You are the one, who knows best, that this target can easyly be reached
by using AJAX in a proper way. There is no big need to put jingles and
bells upon that, what can be reached with a server side functionality
and a plain AJAX pumpe.

Putting some pretty jingles and bells upon it, like this dojo stuff can
give an additional nice cover. The functionality below must run in a
stable way with JS on or off. If there occur CMS that have accessible BE
and TYPO3 has missed this change, it will quickley lose market positions.

Regards

Elmar