[TYPO3-hci] Quick Question: Pull-down menu library?

Tapio Markula tapio.markula at atwebteam.com
Sun Sep 17 19:39:36 CEST 2006

Sebastian Erlhofer

 >> As sebastian suggests we can usability test both.

you can test usability in
http://t3test.xetpoint.com/typo3/

the problem is that swiching mode can be done only by the admin
and I don't like to give full admin right for many people

I made
dev_admin_hover

to test tabbed menu with hover functionality

tabbed menu with hover works quite ok if the height of frame
is big enough. I tested with 32 pixel total height - easy to use
even for admin users, who might have for example eight
sub-modules on the second row.

onclick works ok with less than 20 pixel height.

 > I'd suggest we create several html/css/xml/js/whatever-sheets for
prototyp-testing. Then we can do a small compareable study to gain some
clues on how they are used.

but if you want to use DHTML-dropdown you *must* redesing the entire
BE interface. Using topmenu as replacement of 'Icons on top frame'
you don't need to do that. The existing framesystem doen't have
possibility to create well working DHML-menu, which overlap frames.
It is just wasting of time trying to try. It will not succeed.

You can create for DHTML menu just a fake page or test it with the
default BE page after login (intro page).