[TYPO3-hci] Quick Question: Pull-down menu library?

Tapio Markula tapio.markula at atwebteam.com
Sun Sep 17 08:59:15 CEST 2006

Kasper Skårhøj kirjoitti:
> What does a "tabbed menu" look like? How does it compare functionally to
> a normal pull-down menu that any application normally has? And if tabbed
> menus are better, then why don't all normal applications stop using
> pull-down menus in up to three levels?
>
>  - kasper

test as admin user
I made for you *temporary* admin right
username: kasper_s
password: kasper_s

http://t3test.xetpoint.com/typo3/

Now the mode is onclick - it can be switched to hover
but as I have written hover mode needs more vertical space
to work ok for admins.

Look also left offset calculations. If you click 'File',
the leftmost sub-module has left offset. Offset depends on situation.
Calculated value might be negative. It is used, if the value
is equal or greater than 2.

Comment to Erik

 > You could also reduce the need for horisontal space having the picture
 > above the text in the submenu. You will need to use more pixels height i
 > the menu "frame", but I don't see this as a big problem.
 >
 > WBR,
 > Erik Svendsen
 > www.linnearad.no

Well that makes also possible to use suckerfish hover menus because
usability reasons they need more horizontal space I have used (in fact
they need double the space to be usable.
With suckerfish menus on top the needed vertical space is about 60 pixel
in order to work also for admin users.