[TYPO3-hci] Quick Question: Pull-down menu library?

Tapio Markula tapio.markula at atwebteam.com
Sun Sep 17 08:46:44 CEST 2006

Kasper Skårhøj kirjoitti:
>> http://t3test.xetpoint.com/media/development/admin_toolbar.png
>
> If this is a "tabbed menu" I don't feel so sure about it.
> All that is done is distributing menu items horizontally rather than
> vertically which gotta double or even triple the average distance I have
> to move my mouse to reach buttons on the second level. How can that be a
> more clever solution?

that menu takes account the current situation of the main module.
If there is for example three sub-menu item and the position is quite
right, I made some calculation forms, when there is reasonable left
offset and the horizontal mouse movement is minimized.
Just for sub-menus like 'Tools' have much sub items.

Peter Klein proposed once to create drop-down like Lasse but that
can't work because DHTML-menu, which is used in several frames,
works properly *only* for simple framesets. The problem is that
there is navigation frame but the menu should put to the rightmost
frame. Leftmost item would *never* work properly - in most cases they
would be just missing.
If you would like drop-down with topmenu on top frame you should crate
pagetree *layer* instead of page tree frame. If you create page tree
layer, then you can create *two* main frame.
Top: logo + menu
Content: wide content are