[TYPO3-hci] AJAX: serverside logic vs. clientside logic

Sat Sep 16 08:44:07 CEST 2006

Frans Saris wrote:

> Elmar wrote:
>
>     Conclusions:
>     ============
>
>     1.) The logic should stay on the servers side whereever possible, which
>     means that the xajax type should be the preferred type of AJAX for the
>     overall usage.
>
>     2.) There are very rare cases where clientside AJAX can enable some
>     additional features. But this features can only be nice little addons.
>     The pages fundamental functionality should never depend on clientside
>     AJAX logic.
>

> I totaly agree with Elmar.
> But this was also the conclusion of the other discussions. Prototype

Hi Frans,

it may be a conclusion of the other discussion. But that doesn't assure,
that those, who do the job in practice do already understand this.

I have the contrary impression. At least there are no signals from them,
that they have understand that the question is not xajax vx. prototype,
but that the question is serverside logic vs. clientside logic and that
the measure must be, that you can turn off JS without loss of the
functionality for the sake of accessibility and clean programming.

We are still far away from the end of the journey in this point.

Regards

Elmar