[TYPO3-hci] Quick Question: Pull-down menu library?

Dmitry Dulepov typo3 at accio.lv
Wed Sep 13 18:36:49 CEST 2006

Hi!

Michael Scharkow wrote:
> I think the real problem lies in having more than one menu level, which
> is horrible for any UI. Basically, a 1-level-dropdown menu already
> requires quite an effort to click, even for me as a regular mouse user.
> In regular desktop apps I hardly ever use the menu, and never ever a
> 2-level-item unless I really need to.
>
> I think we should just make sure that there is only one level in every
> menu. I vaguely remember that e.g. OS X apps don't have more than one
> menu level at all, if they can help it.

I noted the same in the core list. I would more like a bar like now or
something similarto Windows QuichLaunch bar. I do not want to do many
clicks. Popup menus are obsolete: they were invented when screens were
80x25 characters.

--
Dmitry Dulepov
http://typo3bloke.net/

far more than our abilities." (A.P.W.B.D.)> Hi Tapio,