[TYPO3-hci] Quick Question: Pull-down menu library?

Matthew Manderson matthew at manderson.co.uk
Wed Sep 13 14:49:54 CEST 2006

> I'm beginning to play with the new interface and need a JS library
> for making the drop-down menus. Of course I could figure something
> out using the current code for context menus - and maybe that is even
> best to stick to.
>
> However, I wondered if there is a GPL compliant library out there
> that is a simpler choice and works in all browsers (including safari
> and konqueror!)

I am not saying I am pro Javascript but this JA Transmenu is about the
coolest drop down I have seen and use of the library is governed by the
Creative Commons Attribution 2.0 License.

Works on my Konqueror don't know about Safari?

JA Transmenu
http://template.joomlart.com/ja_altair/content/view/14/2/

Library
http://template.joomlart.com/ja_altair/templates/ja_altair/ja_transmenu/transmenu.js

The BE of TYPO3 is pretty well littered with JavaScript so it is hardly a
realistic proposition to do without it completely for what will be the most
used widget of the BE. Something as simple as the delay improves usability
without question.

Matthew