[TYPO3-hci] Kickoff: TYPO3 4.1 (suggestions)

Wed Sep 13 12:36:21 CEST 2006

Robert Markula wrote:
> I work with people with all kinds of disabilities, and as Christopher
> thankfully pointed out, to be disabled does not mean to be blind. There
> are hundreds, if not thousands of other - some minor, some major -
> disabilities as well, that are a barrier if you want to browse the web
> or work with a CMS.

There is much truth in this.

Round about 10% of humans are born with handicaps.

During life there are chances for everybody to have accidents or
diseases that bring handicaps.

Getting old, everybody will get handicaped, specially regarding seeing
and hearing.

So we should not underestimate the importance of accessibility matters
of the BE.

Regards

Elmar