[TYPO3-hci] Kickoff: TYPO3 4.1 (suggestions)

Robert Markula robert.markula at gmx.net
Wed Sep 13 10:46:30 CEST 2006

Hi!
Kasper Skårhøj wrote:
> Hi Folks,
>
> My suggestion is that for TYPO3 version 4.1 we implement these 3 main
> HCI features:
>
> - A new backend frameset, featuring (see attached screenshot)
>     a) pull-down menus to access current modules / submodules /
> function-menu items

I like the current way (having the menu laid out to the left) better,
for a simple reason: Every menu point can be accessed by a single click.
I constantly switch between the various modules when developing a site,
so having only to click once instead of twice is a welcome time-saver
for me.

Since that is just a matter of taste, I suppose, how about introducing a
switch between the new pull-down menu and the current left-handed menu?

Ro