[TYPO3-hci] Install Tool

Matthew Manderson matthew at manderson.co.uk
Tue Sep 12 17:12:23 CEST 2006

> You won't see an OS installer that says: great you
> seem to have a harddrive, a display and even some input devices...

lol true true. Unless you escape out of the friendly screen and watch the
Linux install routine scan and identify all your lovely devices. Hey this
kids using a new USB mouse, would you like 3 button emulation with that
sir? For me it is reassuring that it was found!

However let's consider if this page is just about problems or about
config/status/reassurance as well.

I understand config could be separated but how about, choosing IM or GM? How
about choosing MySQL or PostgreSQL etc.I can also see the need for an alert
that my folders are at 777 and perhaps should be less exposed.

Another is whether global /typo3/ext/ is writeable or not etc. Typically I
leave it not writeable but others different depends on the situation.

I think the separation of these to just warnings is over simplification and
a balance needs to be struck. Without status/warnings what is the accepted
default to proceed. It'll be different for different people.

Matthew