[TYPO3-hci] Kickoff: TYPO3 4.1 (suggestions)

Robert Markula robert.markula at gmx.net
Tue Sep 12 10:12:29 CEST 2006

Kasper Skårhøj wrote:
[...]
> - A new backend frameset, featuring (see attached screenshot)
>     a) pull-down menus to access current modules / submodules /
> function-menu items
>     b) Icon bar below pull-down menu for short cuts to any menu item
>     c) AJAX based applications into the menubar to the right (eg.
> search, switch-user, workspace selector)
>     d) Fully configurable per user using XML (so can be saved, shared etc).
>     e) Fully extendable by extensions and based on AJAX
>     f) Technically: Done with an IFRAME so that current modules think
> they still run in the good old frameset they are used to.
>     Target Group: Everyone, will make TYPO3 more modern, less
> "confusing" and more like applications they already know. Will hide lots
> of complexity in menus.
>     Inspiration: In fact, this is as Tapio seems to already have worked
> on and what Lasse N. once made a working example for! (see the very
> first podcast if you like).

Hi all!
When already doing this work of reworking the backend maybe we can
integrate BE accessibility on the way?
Given, AJAX and accessibility don't match very well, but perhaps some
kind of fallback is possible?

Hardly any of the other CMS solutions is providing an accessible
backend, so this would be a nice plus for typo3. And it would be easier
for impaired BE users to use the backend. :)

 >     Target Group: Everyone
Yes!! This should also include impaired users who are "not as lucky"
(use with care) as we are.

What do ya think?

Ro