[TYPO3-hci] 4.1 menubar thoughts

Erik Svendsen erik at linnearad.no
Thu Oct 19 11:57:50 CEST 2006

Hello Lasse,

First! Thanks for the "demo". Really appreciated.

And then my comments:
* I'm not sure if the application path is the best one.
* The top menu suits me - even if I like tabbed solutions better than dropdowns.
* The shortcuts on the left - OK. Should be possible to use this space for
actions. The action approach work extremly well.
* I don't like the solutions where each modul opens in a new inside "window"
(the PS approach). I think it will make end-users both confused and irritate
them. A lot of end-users aren't used to software who use this approach, and
they will miss modules because they are hidden. Could it be possible to open
these windows as tabs (like you have in DreamWeaver, Firefox, IE7, Opera).
I think it will make it easier for users to change beetween open modules
(windows).

WBR,
Erik Svendsen
www.linnearad.no